The Benefits of Becoming a Certified CranioSacral Therapy Practitioner
As a CST-certified practitioner, you will:
• Affirm your capabilities and understanding of the techniques;
• Be entitled to use the title of Certified CranioSacral Therapist;
• Build confidence in the minds of your patients/clients that you are highly skilled in the modality;
• Help build the case for local and national governmental recognition;
• Play a pivotal role in securing the rights of all qualified practitioners to practice CST;
• Receive "Certified" designation in the International Association of Healthcare Practitioners listing;
• Free listing on the UI Australia Find a Practitioner page.
• Be eligible to use the UI logo in your advertising and on business cards.
There are two levels of certification available, Techniques and Diplomate.
Level 1 - CranioSacral Therapy Techniques
- Successful completion of UI CranioSacral Therapy 1 and 2
- Techniques-level essay exam
- Techniques-level objective exam
- Techniques-level practical/oral exam (includes testing of ability to apply CST) CST Techniques Application Form
Level 2 - CranioSacral Therapy Diplomate
- Successful completion of Advanced CranioSacral Therapy (ADV1)
- Successful passing of all Techniques-level requirements
- Diplomate-level essay exam
- Diplomate-level objective exam
- Diplomate-level practical/oral exam (includes testing of ability to apply CST)
- Preceptorship (20 contact hours minimum)
- Five case-history write-ups
- Six hours of CranioSacral Therapy presentation to an organized group (can be in combinations) – OR – a published article on CranioSacral Therapy in a third-party publication
To begin the application process, simply follow this link to the CST Techniques Application Form. Upon approval of your applicant form and when payment is received, you will be sent your user name and password for entry into your online essay exam with instructions for completing. Once your essay exam is completed and submitted, it will be graded by a UI approved essay grader. With your essay passing notification, you will receive information and instructions regarding the objective and practical/oral exams. Testing at either level involves three examination phases: open book essay, objective (multiple choice, true/false questions), and practical/oral (administered by certified examiners).
Maintaining Certified Status
UI requires that each therapist certified in CranioSacral Therapy through the UI certification program complete 24 hours every four years of UI-approved continuing education. This may be in the form of UI CST courses (participating or assisting), symposiums, research conferences or preceptorships. UI reserves the right to revoke certification for actions deemed inappropriate by the certification ethics committee.